Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Favorite Photograph

Back on October 20, 2003, as I was driving to work one morning, I noticed a fog over the Tennessee River. I knew that a replica of the Niña (one of Columbus' boats) had been docked at the harbor for some time providing tours. I wondered if it was still there. I diverted to the harbor area and sure enough, there it was! It looked almost mystical in the fog with the sun being blocked just enough to see its disk. I took a number of photos that morning, but the one below was my favorite. It still is one of my favorite photographs of the thousands I have taken. Interestingly, I found out later that the Niña departed around noon that day. I was very fortunate to have had the Niña's presence and the fog coincide that fateful morning. You can see more of my photos at RKA Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment